Halsall completed a major electrical installation, base build and Cat A & Cat B fit out of the new 786,000 ft2 regional distribution warehouse on behalf of the H&M Group. The facility incorporates industry leading storage and retrieval systems to maximise their operational capacity with around 800 employees and a new 73,000 m2 distribution centre that will service H&M stores in the UK and Ireland. The scale of this facility will provide H&M with a newly increased capacity and the technological foundation to meet the demands of its stores and online customers through a fast, flexible and efficient product flow.
What we say:
- The Project included 44,000 ft2 of offices over 3 floors and a bespoke staff dining area
- Two HV supplies were installed to the building, one to the high-bay area and one to the low-bay area respectively
- Two new bespoke LV panels were installed in the main switch rooms, one to the high bay area and one to the low bay area respectively which fed 18 bespoke sub-distribution boards and in turn local distribution boards throughout all areas of the install
- The LV infrastructure works installed within the warehouse was installed under the Cat B fit out and was fed by a number of unique runs of Main Busbars ranging from 400A TP&N to 1250A TP&N
- Because of the complex configuration of the busbar installation, standard runs of three metres were not sufficient and bespoke components were designed and manufactured which included Internal, external, 45 & 90 degree bends along with T-shaped elements
- Bespoke elements / components were site-measured, fabricated abroad and installed to meet programme demands